What Are the Tire Sizes for a 2016 Nissan Maxima?
If you want to replace or upgrade the tires on your 2016 Nissan Maxima, it’s important to know what size of tires are compatible and recommended for your vehicle. The tire size affects not only the appearance of the car but also its performance and safety. Here is some information about the tire sizes for a 2016 Nissan Maxima, as well as how to find and choose the right tires for your needs.
– Standard Tire Sizes for a 2016 Nissan Maxima
– Alternate Tire Sizes for a 2016 Nissan Maxima
– How to Read a Tire Size for a 2016 Nissan Maxima
– Factors to Consider When Choosing Tires for a 2016 Nissan Maxima
Standard Tire Sizes for a 2016 Nissan Maxima
The 2016 Nissan Maxima is a midsize sedan that comes with either 18-inch or 19-inch wheels, depending on the trim level. The standard tire sizes for a 2016 Nissan Maxima are:
– For 18-inch wheels: 245/45R18
– For 19-inch wheels: 245/40R19
These numbers indicate the width, aspect ratio, and diameter of the tire, respectively. The letter “R” means “radial,” which is the common type of tire construction nowadays. Additionally, the speed rating and load index of the tire are also important specifications to consider when selecting tires.
Alternate Tire Sizes for a 2016 Nissan Maxima
If you’re interested in changing the look or performance of your 2016 Nissan Maxima, you can also choose alternate tire sizes that are compatible with your vehicle. However, it’s important to consult with a tire expert or use an online tire size calculator to ensure that the new tires have the same overall diameter and adequate clearance. Some alternate tire sizes for a 2016 Nissan Maxima that fit the 18-inch wheels are:
– 235/50R18 (slightly narrower and taller, for improved ride comfort)
– 255/45R18 (slightly wider and shorter, for better handling and appearance)
Similarly, some alternate tire sizes for a 2016 Nissan Maxima that fit the 19-inch wheels are:
– 245/35R19 (slightly narrower and shorter, for more responsive steering)
– 255/40R19 (slightly wider and taller, for improved traction and look)
How to Read a Tire Size for a 2016 Nissan Maxima
To read a tire size for a 2016 Nissan Maxima, you can follow the pattern of three digits, a slash, two digits, another letter or number, and possibly another number or letter. The first three digits indicate the tire width in millimeters, the slash separates the width from the aspect ratio (which represents the height of the tire as a percentage of the width), the next two digits refer to the wheel diameter in inches, and the letter or number after the diameter denotes the tire construction type. The speed rating and load index are usually located after the construction type symbol.
For example, if you see a tire size of P225/55R17 95H, that means:
– The tire width is 225 millimeters
– The aspect ratio is 55% of the width, or 123.75 millimeters
– The wheel diameter is 17 inches
– The tire construction is radial
– The speed rating is H (up to 130 miles per hour)
– The load index is 95 (up to 1,521 pounds)
Factors to Consider When Choosing Tires for a 2016 Nissan Maxima
While tire size is an important factor when choosing tires for a 2016 Nissan Maxima, there are other factors to consider as well, such as:
– The driving conditions (e.g., dry or wet roads, snow or ice, highway or city, sport or comfort)
– The tread pattern (e.g., directional, asymmetrical, or symmetrical)
– The tread life (e.g., how many miles the tire can last under normal use)
– The noise level (e.g., how quiet or loud the tire is on different road surfaces)
– The price (e.g., how much you’re willing to spend for quality and value)
You can consult with a tire specialist, read reviews and ratings, or compare features and prices online to find the best tires for your 2016 Nissan Maxima. Remember to also check the tire pressure, rotation, and alignment regularly to ensure your safety and efficiency on the road.